Rancho Santa Fe Community Info
Rancho Santa Fe is a luxury ranch community located four miles inland from the Pacific Ocean in northern San Diego County. The City of Solana Beach in located to the west and Downtown San Diego is twenty miles south. Forbes reported Rancho Santa Fe as having the sixth most expensive ZIP code in the United States, with a median home sale price of $3,362,000.
RSF gained popularity between World War I and World War II, especially following the construction of the Del Mar Racetrack. Bing Crosby is credited as an “early settler”, hosting annual clambakes on the golf course at the Club. The present-day luxury tract home development “The Crosby Estates” stands on the site of his former estate.
The downtown area is centered around the intersection of Linea del Cielo/Paseo Delicias and La Granada/Via de Santa Fe. It is the site of offices of financial firms, restaurants, and small stores. A library and a school are also located in the downtown area.
Schools located within the Rancho Santa Fe School District:
- R. Roger Rowe Rancho Santa Fe School – public elementary and middle school serving grades K through 8
- Diegueno Country School – Private Elementary School serving Kindergarten through Sixth grade
- Horizon Preparatory – private
- The Nativity School – private
In Rancho Santa Fe near gated community of Fairbanks Ranch (Solana Beach School District)
- Solana Santa Fe – public elementary school serving grades K through 6
- The Covenant refers to the original planned community of Rancho Santa Fe.
- Horsemans Valley, a gated community and small but close-knit community adjacent to San Dieguito Park.
- Rancho Cielo, a gated community east of the Covenant and bordered by Del Dios Highway.
- The Crosby, a gated community east of the Covenant and bordered by Del Dios Highway.
- Morgan Run, a golf course community surrounded by the Morgan Run Golf Course in the southern portion of Rancho Santa Fe.
- Fairbanks Ranch The Crosby, Hacienda Santa Fe, The Summit, Del Rayo, The Bridges, Rancho La Cima, The River Estates.